Dijon mustard (or another flavour you enjoy with tomato)
Tomatoes, cut into thick slices and then into heart shapes with a smaller cutter.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
To make the pastry cases you will need two different sized pastry cutters of the same shape.
- For each tart, cut out two large heart shapes.
- Using the smaller cutter cut a heart from the centre of one large heart.
- Brush a little water on outer edges of bottom heart (noncut large heart) and place cut out heart on top.
- With a fork, prick the inner base a couple of times.
- Spread the inside with a little Dijon mustard.
- Place a slice of tomato in the center of the heart pastry.
- Place in oven until the pastry rises and turns a nice golden brown. Approx 200°c for 8 minutes.
Tip:- You can sprinkle some cheese on top before serving.
:- Also turn it in to a dessert by using jam instead of tomato. Add whip cream at the end for the perfect sweet snack.